Jaggar Community Fellows Program
Impact your community. Change your world. Intern at a nonprofit.
The Jaggar Community Fellows Program is a competitive, and often life-changing, paid summer internship for nongraduating students (freshmen through graduate students). The program is open to all majors and provides students with an opportunity to gain valuable experience in the nonprofit sector. Approximately 63 undergraduate and 7 graduate students will be chosen from the applicant pool.
Applications are due March 1, 2017 on Handshake.
- For the pool of 63 undergraduates: Primary consideration will be given to students
between sophomore and junior or junior and senior years.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Have a record of volunteer/community service and/or previous internship activity
- Have the recommendation of at least one Adelphi University professor
- Agree to work at a selected nonprofit for a minimum 30 hours/week for 10 weeks, June through August
- Follow the application instructions on Handshake (requires login)
- Serve as a campus ambassador for the program when asked
Please note: The video above is not hosted by an official Adelphi University account.
For more information about this program, please contact:
Associate Director of Internships
p – 516.877.3135
e – firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Director of Experiential Learning
p – 516.237.8665
e – email@example.com
Alumni Career Counselor
p – 516.877.3149
e – firstname.lastname@example.org