Required Documents

A list of acceptable documents to complete the hiring process.

You can pick up applications at the Center for Career and Professional Development. When approved for an on-campus job or program, be sure to bring the following documents to the Office of Human Resources:

List A

Documents that Establish Both Identity and Employment Eligibility 


List B

Documents that Establish Identity


List C

Documents that Establish Employment Eligibility

• U.S. Passport (unexpired or expired)

• Certificate of U.S. Citizenship (INS Form N-560 or N-561)

• Unexpired foreign passport, with 1-551 stamp or attached INS Form 1-94 indicating unexpired employment authorization

• Alien Registration Receipt Card with photograph (INS Form 1-151 orl-551)

• Unexpired Temporary Resident Card (INS Form 1-688)

• Unexpired Employment Authorization Card (INS Form 1-688A)

• Unexpired Reentry Permit (INS Form 1-327)

• Unexpired Refugee Travel Document (INS Form 1-571)

• Unexpired Employment Authorization Document issued by the INS which contains a photograph (INS Form 1-688B)


• Driver’s license or ID card issued by a state or outlying possession of the United States provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, sex, height, eye color, and address

• ID card issued by federal, state, or local government agencies or entities provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, sex, height, eye color, and address

• School ID card with a photograph

• Voter’s registration card

• U.S. Military card or draft record

• Military dependent’s ID card

• U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card

• Native American tribal document

• Driver’s license issued by a Canadian government authority

For persons under age 18 who are unable to present a document listed above:

• School record or report card.

• Clinic, doctor, or hospital record.

• Day-care or nursery school record. 

and • U.S. social security card issued by the Social Security Administration (other than a card stating it is not valid for employment)

• Certification of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (Form FS-545 or Form OS-1350)

• Original or certified copy of a birth certificate issued by a state, county, municipal authority or outlying possession of the United States bearing an official seal

• Native American tribal document

• U.S. Citizen ID Card (INS Form 1-197)

• ID Card for use of Resident Citizen in the United States (INS Form 1-179)

• Unexpired employment authorization document issued by the INS (other than those listed under List A)



For further information, please contact:

Office of Human Resources
p – 516.877.3220
e –

Connect with Alumni
Network with your classmates and take advantage of Adelphi benefits.
Find out more
Become a Tutor
Adelphi students partner with teachers to tutor K-9 kids in reading and mathematics.
Watch the video to learn more
Take advantage of all that the career services we have to offer.
Select your path to success