Year 1 and 2
It is never too early to begin career preparation.
- Explore your academic and career interests. Discuss emerging values, interests and skills with your family and peers—which may help you identify possible career paths.
- Join student clubs and organizations. Employers often scan résumés seeking students with leadership qualities gained through such participation.
- Make a visit to the Center for Career and Professional Development. We encourage you to make an appointment with a career counselor to discuss your interests, majors, skills and career opportunities.
- Investigate the Career Liftoff Interest Inventory – an assessment given by the Career Center that matches individual interests with potential occupations.
- Register with Handshake, the Center for Career and Professional Development online job and internship posting system.
- Think about internship possibilities and the policies and procedures that accompany them. Schedule an appointment to discuss options with our internship coordinator.
- Boost your interest in volunteering. Besides developing valuable skills, volunteer opportunities assist a student in broadening his or her professional network.
- Get to know faculty members and administrators and develop professional relationships.
- Talk to family, friends and professional colleagues to learn about their unique experiences and career paths.
- Participate in the mentoring program offered by the Office of Alumni Relations and the Center for Career and Professional Development. Through networking with professionals in the field and related disciplines, students receive guidance and support while gaining exposure to work environments, career paths and industry trends.
- Get inspired to build on your experiences and show enthusiasm for developing skills.
For further information, please contact:
Center for Career and Professional Development
Nexus Building, Room 225
p – 516.877.3130
Students and Alumni: email@example.com
Practice makes perfect! Sharpen your interview skills online.
Click here to learn more
Connect with Alumni
Network with your classmates and take advantage of Adelphi benefits.
Find out more
Become a Tutor
Adelphi students partner with teachers to tutor K-9 kids in reading and mathematics.
Watch the video to learn more